| 1 comments ]

Dear The Quarter:

I know, it's been far too long since we've collaborated. I miss you. I miss Tory and Jackson. I miss Abbey. I miss the sites, sounds and smells of New Orleans. I miss the mixture of humidity and warm breeze from the river while eating beignets at Cafe du Monde, covered in powdered sugar and listening to the hint of a lone saxophone waft through the air. I miss the laughter of people watching the street performers and knowing that a fried oyster Po boy or muffuletta is just around the corner, if only I would ask.

I know you want answers. I know many things are happening where you are, so many things left in limbo, unanswered. I have the answers that you need. I have the ability for closure. I know you don't understand what has happened. I know you need answers about the death, the plantation, that creepy Ray guy. I know you don't understand all the secrets and what has led you to New Orleans. I know you need to decide what you want to do with your life and your job back in D.C. I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to provide those answers for you.

I hope you'll forgive me that so much time has passed. I ask only for your patience and continued understanding until the timing is right.

Your Author,
Jacqueline Wilson

1 comments

Michelle said... @ 8:22 PM

I thought it was just me lately, but it seems everyone's missing their writing this month.

Post a Comment