| 0 comments ]

What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they need to be brutally honest with you?

Last week was a weird week for me. I hit the 6 month mark in my pregnancy and my pregnancy belly popped out like a self-inflating beach ball. WEIRD.

Up until last week, I hadn't looked sterotypically pregnant (although I felt every day of the last 6 months, let me tell you...). I had only gained 8 pounds initially (now 12), so many people who knew I was pregnant thought I was not as far along as I was.

Until last week.

I heard a lot of "OOOh, look at your baby belly" and "WOW! You're really looking pregnant now!" kind of comments.

I know it's no big deal - I am, in fact, pregnant. However, I wasn't really that excited about the comments last week. I know that people meant well, but the comments in my mind translated to, "WOW! You really are a fat ass now!"

Maybe it had something to do with an entire bad mood week and bad week in general that culminated in some weird stomach-virus-diarrhea-headache thing Friday into Saturday and beyond (TMI?).
Who knows.

At least no one tried to touch my stomach.
Lucky for them.

0 comments

Post a Comment