| 3 comments ]

It's amazing how righteous you can be BP (Before Parenting). My list of "I WOULD NEVER LET MY CHILD..." was so LOOOONG. For example, one of the top list sitters for me BP was "I don't get letting your child watch TV at a young age."

Hm.

Of course, that judgement was BEFORE I had work-at-home contracts, 3 businesses, no sleep, AND a baby to juggle. Sadly, TV does play a part at our house now. And, that's OK. I think there's some pretty educational television on and that's what we watch (or at least that's what I tell myself to avoid feeling like I'm failing miserably at yet one more thing in my life right now). However, I began to wonder about my TV judgement when Ella rolled her walker over to the television, turned it on and started watching The Starter Wife. Maybe it's gone a little too far...

Anyway, I uh she loves Jack's Big Music Show. AND, I STILL love Sesame Street (even more a few years ago when REM was their musical guest). I was recently introduced to an, um, interesting show called Yo Gabba Gabba. It was all fun and games until somebody put a Biz Markie out. If you're a fan of the late 80s/early 90s, you'll probably remember Biz Markie for the Just a Friend song/video.




Now? Biz Markie is beatin' it up on Yo Gabba Gabba. I wasn't sure if I should be sad or excited for him.

Speaking of where the 90s go to die, I'm pretty sure I know what happened to Arsenio Hall. I think I also saw him on Yo Gabba Gabba as the host:

3 comments

Anonymous said... @ 9:19 AM

So funny...I was just chatting with a girlfriend when your Twitter Follow showed up (CarrieWTM)... My friend was telling me about her biggest Mother Faux pas to date: Taking her 9 year old daughter to see a theatrical performane of ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW! I was laughing hysterically. So wild how horrifying it is when we see the once-seemingly-benign T.V. shows, movies, plays/musicals through our innocent child's eyes...We forget all that "bad" stuff, don't we?

WritRams said... @ 10:52 AM

You shouldn't take your child to that? Huh. Go figure... (we never get to do anything fun...)

Dale Merrill said... @ 3:04 AM

My 9 year old acts acts like a total hipster/cool guy but I've caught him watching Yo Gabba Gabba. He says "I don't watch that baby stuff. I just forgot to change the channel."

Post a Comment